Sunday, October 7

Lovely Complex


        
        Otaini and Risa        

 Lovely Complex (sometimes called Love*Com) is a story of an unlikely romance between Risa Koizumi, a very tall Japanese girl, and Otani Atsushi, a very short Japanese boy. Risa is self-conscious and loves gaming, while Otani is rather loud and a comedian.
Within the course of the anime, they appear to think they are friends, and even help each other try to get dates with crushes Chiharu Tanaka (Otani) and Ryoji Suzuki (Risa).

This manga is so cute, and one of my all time favorites! I was with my friend at our local library when I saw it on the shelf and thought I would give it a try. She recommended it saying she had read it and really like it, and that there was an anime I could watch after I finished the manga. I'm so glad I listened to her and picked it up!

   First of all I can sympathize with Risa on all levels! Me and her were made to be twins! Its so funny to read about all of the situations and ordeals she has to go through and realize that Ive gone through pretty much the same things! I'm really tall for my age and usually tower over everyone in my class. I know exactly how she feels to be self conscious about that and celebrate when you can finally find someone a little taller then you. Her attitude towards life is so fun and carefree. The art is amazing, and the plot, (though it stays pretty simple throughout the manga), is really interesting and keeps you turning the pages in anticipation.


(The content in this is pretty clean. There are a few parts in in though that are kinda like "Ehh.." So if you want to watch it with younger kids I recommend reading the manga first just to make sure your okay with it, or just skip it when it comes up in the anime.) There is pretty much no bad language which comes as a sweet relief.)

No comments :

Post a Comment

You don't have to read these posts. Because of that, I ask that you are respectful when disagreeing with my opinions. I appreciate your support and comments, thank you!