Thursday, November 28

Random Musings - Catching Fire, Writing, and Scremo

I hate when your dreams become so vivid, you wake up crying and whimpering in the morning. I hate when you have to spend the rest of the day convincing yourself they aren't real, even though half of you believes it was. Who needs sleep anyway?.. Sleep is stupid.
I need to see a doctor.


   Recently I've actually broken through a writers block issue I've been suffering from, (call it my disease). I've been writing like crazy, and It feels amazing! I've learned to just accept that my first draft will be a pile of rubbish which I will probably end up only using 1/4th of, but that's just the process of writing! I think a partial reason for the ice breaker was the book Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and life by Anne Lamott, it had that last straw effect into my reappearance into the world of writing.

On top of all that I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge how devastatingly beautiful catching fire was. I absolutely loved every moment of it. More than a few times I found myself wishing it would just keep playing forever, I didn't want it to end! In comparison with the book, it was surprisingly accurate. The visible view of tension between the capital and the districts was stunning, and so articulately filmed that it captured a feeling of rebellion I've rarely seen in movies before. Let's just say I can't wait for the next one, (which I hear will be split into two books).

If your a big fan of both Studio Ghibli and enjoy screamo, I've become addicted to this band called Imaginary Flying Maching (get it?). I'm in love with it! (My parents are not, as well as my sisters who now refer to my already crazied music selections as 'that stuff you listen too'.) IT'S JUST SO BEAUTIFUL FAMILY. So much raw emotion.. Here is a link to one of my favorite if you want to check it out, (and join in  my obsession, muwhaha).

http://youtu.be/nJl2nlfga-k

The HTML link unfortunately doesn't work, so I apologize on behalf of the uninteresting blue words versus an actual inserted video.


So, that's all for now. I hope you all enjoy your thanksgiving!

No comments :

Post a Comment

You don't have to read these posts. Because of that, I ask that you are respectful when disagreeing with my opinions. I appreciate your support and comments, thank you!